Lake Land College offers a variety of community courses this April
The Lake Land College Office of Community and Professional Programs will offer several community courses throughout the month of April. Find a new hobby, brush up on a skill and have some fun with Lake Land College!
The course details and information are as follows:
• Take pictures you’ll want to print out! All About Digital Photography, CNC-019-24003, will meet Tuesdays, April 2 through May 7, in Effingham at the Kluthe Center, room 201 from 6:30 - 9:30 p.m., All About Digital Photography, CNC-019-26088, will meet on Thursdays, April 4 through May 9, on the Lake Land College campus in Neal Hall, room 115 from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. The course will cover topics including lighting, exposure, focusing, metering, white balance and more. The cost of the class at either location is $110.
• Too busy taking care of everyone but yourself? Health Retreat & Spa Day, CE-HLTH147-28574, will meet on Saturday, April 6 from 1 – 4 p.m., in Sullivan at the tranquil, two acre Coyote Cabins Retreat. Dr. Nancy Selvidge will educate on natural approaches to health that rejuvenate the body. The day will include a facial, a reflexology session and health consultations. The cost of the class is $45.
• Want to learn the basics of golf? Join Kelly Spaulding to learn the fundamentals of putting, chipping, pitching, and the long game. Golf for Beginners, CE-RECR107-28466, will meet on Mondays and Thursdays, April 15 – April 25, at Mattoon Meadow View Golf Course from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. The cost of the class is $30. Participants can bring their own clubs or they will be provided.
• Writing Your Life Story, CE-WRIT108-28501, will meet on Tuesday, April 16 from 9 -11 a.m., at the Life Span Center on Loxa Road in Mattoon. The cost of the class is $20. Instructor Shirley Splittstoesser will show you several styles for writing your memoirs. You choose the style that is right for you and your “slice of life.” Students should bring a pack of index cards.
• Crochet a Necklace & Bracelet, CE-ARTS169-28477, will meet Tuesday, April 16 from 1 – 3 p.m., at the Life Span Center on Loxa Road in Mattoon. The cost of the class is $23. Instructor Shirley Splittstoesser will show you how to crochet a six strand necklace and four strand bracelet that will look like it is beaded! Ribbon and yarn are included. Students should bring an H, I or J crochet hook and scissors.
• Come let the Sweets show you how to move your Rumba up a notch with some great new moves. Rumba the Next Level, CE-RECR193-28255, will meet on Sundays, April 21 – May 12 from 2:10 – 3 p.m., in Webb Hall, room 81 on Lake Land College campus. CE-RECR193-28264 will meet on Sundays, April 21 – May 12 from 5:10 – 6 p.m., at Effingham St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital auditorium. The cost of the class is $36.
• Want to learn one of the hottest new dances of today? Join Scott and Cheryl Sweet and be the envy of your friends. West Coast Swing, CE-RECR181-28254, will meet on Sundays, April 21 – May 12, from 1:10 – 2 p.m. in Webb Hall, room 81 on Lake Land College campus. West Coast Swing, CE-RECR181-28263, will meet on Sundays, April 21 – May 12 from 4:10 – 5 p.m., at Effingham St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital auditorium. The cost of either class is $36.
• Have a little experience in golf but want to learn the finer points of the game? Golf for Intermediates, CE-RECR170-28467, will meet on Mondays and Thursdays, April 29 through May 9 from 5:30 – 7 p.m., at the Mattoon Meadow View Golf Course. The cost is $40. Instructor Kelly Spaulding will cover all areas of golf with you, making you a much more knowledgeable golfer.
• Learn the basics of beading by making two sets of bracelets and two sets of matching earrings. Beading Earrings & Bracelet, CE-ARTS180-28480, will meet Tuesday, April 30 from 9 – 11 a.m., in Mattoon at the Workforce Development Center, room 105. The cost of the course is $25. Instructor Shirley Splittstoesser will provide an assortment of beads, material for stretch bracelets with faux clasps and findings for both clip–on and pierced earrings are included. Please bring scissors.
• Crochet a Frilly Scarf that forms graceful swirls as it drapes around your neck. CE-ARTS211-28511 will meet Tuesday, April 30 from 1 – 3 p.m., in Mattoon at the Workforce Development Center, room 105. The cost is $23. A selection of colorful yarns will be provided by instructor Shirley Splittstoesser. Please bring a small steel crochet hook size US2, US3 or metric 2.25.
For More information, contact the Office of Community and Professional Programs at 217-234-5219.
To register online using Visa/MC/Discover, go to www.lakelandcollege.edu/learn. Choose the location, and then find the course of your choice. To register by phone, call Admissions and Records at 217-234-5434. Phone registration is not available for courses with a CNC prefix. You will be sent a statement for payment. The Drop Date for a refund is five business days prior to the start of the class.
Required Notice of Opportunity and Procedure to File Complaints with the Commission on Dental Accreditation
Lake Land College’s Alumni Association inducts five into the 2013 Distinguished Alumni Society
Lake Land College to host Summer College for Youth classes
Lake Land College Foundation to hold 16th annual golf classic
Lake Land College's graduation ceremony is May 17
Lake Land College offers chance to earn quick credits with Intersession courses
Lake Land College honors dual credit and adjunct instructors
Lake Land College baseball team to host Strike Out Cancer game
Lake Land College recognizes students at annual banquet
Lake Land College hosts annual business and computer contest
Lake Land College recognizes student-athletes, honors Hall of Fame inductees
Lake Land College announces annual Outstanding Club Award winner
Lake Land College Faculty Association raises money for scholarship at annual softball game
Life-long learner Annette Lynch to receive Lake Land College Distinguished Service Award
Effingham County philanthropist, visionary to receive Lake Land College Alumnus Achievement Award
Brenda Hunzinger honored with LLC’s Faculty Association Outstanding Service Award
Lake Land College welcomes area principals, deans and counselors to campus
Lake Land College cheerleaders selling half-price Cards tickets
Lake Land College seats new board members
Lake Land College hosts summer basketball camps
Lake Land College Human Services Club makes donations to area non-for-profits
Honors Program recognizes Lake Land College students
Lake Land College to host 46th annual Commencement Ceremony on May 17
Lady Laker softball team heads to national tournament
Lake Land College’s power plant programs offer sustainable, local employment for graduates
Lake Land College broadcasting students earn radio marketing professional certificate
Lake Land College dental hygiene students provide care to those in need
Lake Land College offers a variety of community courses in June
Lake Land College instructor creates GPS game app for students visiting campus
Lake Land College announces 16th annual Auto Club Car Show Winners
Lake Land College honors John Deere Tech graduates